And if you ever want the senator on the show again... | 如果你想让参议员再上一次节目... |
You have a parent-teacher night at Lizzy's school next week. | 下周丽兹的学校有家长见面会 |
查理·布莱克 我需要艾利克斯立刻回电 |
Chip's trying to get ahold of you. Something urgent. | 奇普一直在联系你 说是有急事 |
Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
Who died? | 谁死了 |
Oh, my God. Jesus, would you turn this off? | 老天 能把音乐关了吗 |
He's been singing about the same fucking plane crash the past 50 years. | 这场空难他都唱了他妈的五十年了 |
Everybody's still dead. Time to move on. | 死人没复活 日子还得继续过 |
- Am I right, Joe? - Yep. | -我说得对吗 乔-对 |
Hey, watch the bumps. I'm doing my eyeliner. | 开稳点 我在画眼线 |
I'm... | 我... |
And, Alan, what is this anyway? What is this bullshit? | 艾伦 这到底是什么 什么鬼玩意儿 |
What exactly is bullshit this time? What is it? | 这次又怎么了 是什么 |
It's just a stupid idea that we're gonna somehow convince | 这个点子很蠢 我们要想办法 |
the world's coal-fired power plants | 说服全世界的燃煤发电厂 |
to invest in carbon capture without linkage. | 以非互换方式投资碳捕捉技术 |
Oh, my God, Jesus. Can we please not have this linkage debate again? | 醉了 能不能别争什么互换了 |
- What? - It's not about linkage. | -怎么了-这跟互换无关 |
This is about a protest and how the town is divided. | 这事关一场抗议和无法达成一致的人民 |
- That's what this is about. - Yes, I know. | -那才是重点-我知道 |
Who went through all the burgers? | 谁把汉堡吃光了 |
- No. - Here, Joe. Have my french fries. | -我没有-给你 乔 我的薯条给你 |
- Thank you. - They're cold, but don't complain. | -谢谢-薯条是凉的 不准抱怨 |
How many burgers did you eat, Joe? | 你吃了多少个汉堡 乔 |
By the way, okay, so we're gonna talk about how the town's divided. | 对了 我们要探讨市民的不同观点 |
But we're also gonna slip in how safe carbon capture is. | 还要不动声色地插入碳捕捉的安全性 |
What? You put it in the copy. | 怎么了 你加到稿子里的 |
This is not my agenda, Bradley, okay? | 这又不是我安排的 布莱德利 |
I'm just a liberal Harvard longhair who cut his hair short for this job. | 我只是个自由派的哈佛长发男 为了饭碗才剪短头发的 |
This is a stepping-stone for me. I play by the rules. | 这是我的一块垫脚石 我按规矩办事 |
The truth is the truth, whether you're writing for The Bumfuck Gazette | 真相就是真相 不管你为"巴法克公报" |
- or The New York Times. - Shit. | -还是"纽约时报"撰稿-操 |
- I hope we made the right turn. - By the way, | -希望没拐错弯-而且啊 |
that was an award-worthy shoehorning | 硬生生插进一句"哈佛" |
of the word "Harvard" into the conversation. | 简直太优秀了 |
Okay, you guys, can we please... | 好吧 你俩 我们能... |
I swear, Joe. Everybody who's ever been | 真的 乔 所有的哈佛毕业生 |
to Harvard can make an entire conversation | 都能用"哈佛"两个字 |
out of the word "Harvard," like, "Harvard, Harvard, Harvard?" | 完成整个对话 比如说 "哈佛 哈佛 哈佛" |
Harvard, Harvard, Harvard. | 哈佛 哈佛 哈佛 |
Are we gonna keep doing this? How long is this gonna go on for? | 要一直这样吗 你们要嘲讽多久 |
Holy shit. Mitch Kessler just got fired off The Morning Show. | 卧槽 米奇·凯斯勒被"晨间秀"开除了 |
- What? - Wait, what? What the hell happened? | -什么-等会儿 什么 到底发生什么了 |
Let me see. | 我看看 |
One less idiot to peddle soft news to the masses. | 少了一个向公众传播娱乐新闻的傻叉 |
突发新闻 UBA"晨间秀"的米奇·凯斯勒被指行为不端后遭解雇 |
Prior to being named coanchor of The Morning Show, | 成为"晨间秀"联合主播之前 |
the fallen Kessler was a fixture of UBA's news division, | 被解雇的凯斯勒曾是UBA新闻部的一员大将 |
serving as UBA's White House correspondent, | 担任UBA的白宫新闻通讯员 |
a presidential debate moderator and network field correspondent. | 总统竞选辩论主持人和网络现场通讯员 |
The recipient of multiple broadcast awards, | 曾获大量新闻报道类奖项 |
including a Leadership in Journalism | 包括纽约媒体基金会颁发的 |
award from the New York Media Foundation | 新闻业领袖奖 |
he and the TMS team have won 12 Daytime Emmys in their 15-year tenure. | 他与幕后团队在15年从业生涯中荣获12项日间节目艾美奖 |
Late last night, The New York Times was reportedly tipped off | 昨日深夜 "纽约时报"得到消息 |
to an internal investigation by UBA into Kessler's sexual misconduct. | UBA正针对凯斯勒的不当性行为展开内部调查 |
Up until today, The Morning Show was the only morning news broadcast | 直到今天 "晨间秀"是唯一一档 |
to dodge the Me Too scandals that have | 避开"我也是"丑闻的早间新闻节目 |
seemingly plagued its competitors. | 其竞争者均受到该丑闻的困扰 |
- When? - Just broke. Does she know yet? | -什么时候-刚爆出来 她知道了吗 |
She knows. We're reworking the whole show. We are live in 90 minutes. | 她知道了 我们正在调整节目 90分钟后开播 |
Buckle up. Layla's working on new copy. Get it to Alex A.S.A.P. | 做好准备 蕾拉在准备新稿件 立刻交给艾利克斯 |
Got it. | 明白 |
We had no choice. It was multiple complaints of sexual misconduct. | 我们别无选择 这是多起不当性行为的控诉 |
How multiple? Who? When? | 有多少 都有谁 什么时候 |
I don't know. It's confidential. It leaked to the Times overnight. | 我不知道 本来是机密 忽然被泄露给了时报 |
How? | 怎么泄露的 |
I have no clue who leaked it. I fucking wish I knew. | 我也不知道是谁泄露的 真他妈希望我知道 |
I'm trying to deal with this quietly. | 我想低调处理这件事 |
Shit. Okay. | 操 好吧 |
HR has been looking into it for a few weeks. I didn't want... | 人力资源部调查这事好几周了 我不想... |
I didn't wanna drag you in. | 我不想把你牵扯进来 |
I was trying to protect you, Alex, okay? Before you... | 我想保护你 艾利克斯 在你... |
You knew about this, and you didn't tell me? | 你知道这件事却不告诉我 |
What am I? Some fucking PA from Idaho | 我算什么 爱达荷州来的 |
who doesn't need to know what's going on? | 不需要知道真相的私人助理吗 |
Alex, I was trying to respect your space... | 艾利克斯 我想尊重你的空间... |
- My space. - Like you asked me to, | -我的空间-是你要求的 |
so that you can go out there every morning and do what you do, | 这样你就能每天清晨出门做你想做的事 |
what America needs you to do. | 做美国需要你做的事 |
Oh, fuck you, Chip. Fuck you. Don't drag America into this. | 操你妈 奇普 去你妈的 别把国家扯进来 |
They've got enough shit to deal with. | 我们国家已经够忙了 |
This affects me, okay? My on-air partner, my TV husband... | 这影响到我了 我的直播搭档 我的荧屏丈夫... |
is a sexual predator now? | 现在成了性侵犯者 |
完整版请点击 |
What part of you thought that I should not | 你哪根筋不对 |
have been involved in this conversation? | 觉得我该被排除在外 |
You think chemistry just comes in a bottle, | 你就觉得默契是种商品 |
and we go out and we buy another one at Whole Foods? | 出门去下全食超市就能买到吗 |
Charlie Black's office. Please hold one moment. | 查理·布莱克办公室 请稍等 |
Rena. Where is he? | 瑞娜 他人呢 |
We need to discuss how we're handling the show today. | 我们得商量今天的节目怎么办 |
He's in there with her. And he said no interruptions. | 他跟她在一起 他说不准任何人打扰 |
Rena, we're live in less than two hours, for Chrissake. | 瑞娜 离直播只剩不到两个小时了 老天 |
Charlie Black's office. Please hol... | 查理·布莱克办公室 请稍... |
Hi. Let me see if I can get him. | 你好 我去找一下他 |
- Really? - Really. | -真的吗-真的 |
Excuse me. | 借过 |
- My ass. You know that. - True. But... | -少来 你明明知道-确实 不过... |
- What? - It's the network... Cory and Fred. | -什么事-是新闻网的... 科利和弗雷德 |
- Fabulous. Put 'em through. - Yeah. | -正好 把他们接过来-好 |
I got it. | 我来接 |
- Hi, it's Alex. - And Chip. | -你好 我是艾利克斯-我是奇普 |
- Alex? Alex, it's Cory here. - And Fred. | -艾利克斯 我是科利-我是弗雷德 |
I am just incredibly sorry about this. I feel absolutely terrible. | 我对这件事深表遗憾 我非常难过 |
I feel like Mitch died. The Mitch that I knew. | 我感觉米奇像是死了 我曾经认识的那个米奇 |
And I've only been running the news division for a month, | 我管理新闻部才一个月 |
so I can't imagine what you must be feeling. | 我无法想象你会多难受 |
My condolences, Alex. | 节哀顺变 艾利克斯 |
This is so hard for all of us. | 我们都觉得难以接受 |
Look, we're all a family here, and we've had a tragedy. So, we're... | 我们是一家人 我们遭遇了一次不幸 所以我们... |
Any kind of sexual misconduct | 对任何形式的性丑闻 |
will not be tolerated by the network. | 新闻网都持零容忍的态度 |
- Well, absolutely not. - You think you know someone... | -没错-你觉得你认识某人... |
Okay, thank you, Fred and Cory. | 好吧 谢谢你们 弗雷德和科利 |
But I can't really think about that right now because I've got to focus | 但是我现在没法想那件事 因为我要思考 |
on what we're putting on the show in less than two hours. | 不到两小时后的节目上要怎么办 |
- More caffeine. - Thank you. | -多加了咖啡因-谢谢 |
Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
That's exactly why you're the pro that you are. | 所以这时才需要你这种专业人士 |
We just have to take this one step at a time, right? | 我们只需要一步步来 对吧 |
Can't let the fact that there's hundreds of millions | 不能让几个亿的广告费 |
of advertising dollars at stake here... We're not gonna let that... | 陷入危机... 我们不会让那种事... |
- Fuck you. - Bother us, because change can be good. | -操你妈-影响我们 因为改变可能也是好事 |
And one man's tragedy, it can be another man's opportunity. | 一个人的困境可能是另一个人的机会 |
So let's, fuck yeah, embrace it. | 所以 没错 我们就接受现实吧 |
And use this to reinvent ourselves, | 利用这次危机来重塑我们自己 |
make things bigger and better. Well... | 把事业做得更好更强 |
Thank God we've got you, Alex. You will carry us through this. | 幸好我们还有你 艾利克斯 你会带着我们度过难关的 |
I guess that's why they've been dragging | 看来这就是他们一直拖延 |
their feet on closing my renegotiations. | 签订我的重新谈判合同的原因 |
Yeah. Hey, guys. | 二位 |
So listen, | 听我说 |
my gut instinct is to bring the news to America myself honestly. | 我的直觉是 我该亲自将真相告诉美国人民 |
Addressing the truth is the only way to protect our integrity. | 说出真相是保障我们名誉的唯一办法 |
So, we will talk to them as members of our family. | 那 我们像家人一样与他们交谈 |
We will grieve with them. We will go through this together. | 我们和他们同哀伤 与他们共度难关 |
She's a class act. All the way. | 她一向很会演 |
Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
And if we use this right, this is our chance to get our audience back. | 如果应对得当 我们就有机会赢回观众 |
I couldn't agree more, Alex. I think you've got the right idea there. | 我完全同意 艾利克斯 我觉得你的想法很好 |